Timers for pop door.

jafo

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Hello all! I need help. I'm going to use a drapery motor to open and close our pop door on our coop, for all the obvious reasons. My problem is I don't believe I have the right timer for the drapery motor, which has an end switch built in. Power up the drapery motor, it runs to pre set distance, then the cog bumps the switch to off, which also reverses the motor. Next power up, runs the motor in oposite direction, to close the door. What timer can I use that will operate this motor? I guess I'm looking for one that will turn on for 60 seconds, then shut down (just enough time to open pop door) then at another time turn on again for 60 seconds and shut down,,,,to close the door. Am I confused on how a timer works? I'm a plumber, not a control guy. Any one else out there using a drapery motor? Any one got a timer in mind that performs more than one function a day???
idunno.gif

Hi Niel, that Farm Tec link is down. I got a multi-function per day timer off ebay. It should do what I need. Thanks

On at dusk, off at dawn type of timer could start triggering action. May need solenoid to apply power from a DC or AC source to motor.

Back
Top Bottom