Tiny Button Quail Hatchted!!! Need Help!!!!

YooHwa

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
I thought it was going to hatch later.. because of the lower temp.
But somehow, one of the buttons hatched this morning!!!

I'm using normal size egg cartoons that you can get from Walmart or Publix..
That tiny button somehow jumped over its side of the cartoon and went over with other egg.
So in that tiny place, there is one button and one egg ready to hatch..

What should I do!? Should I take it out? Should I just leave it there?!

IM PANICKING!!

Btw, I Can't Get Any Food For Buttons Till Monday!!!
sad.png
No!! Maybe Tuesday!! (since Monday Is Memorial Day)
What Should I Feed Them?!!?!?!?!?

Because of power outage and lower temp. I was pretty sure that they are going to hatch late....Like on Sunday or Monday.
But just one of them hatched on the day 16... So I was going to buy feed on Tuesday (Since Monday is Memorial day..)

sad.png
I crushed boiled EGG YOLK... and put some water in it.
Button didn't even look at the food and water... It just slept for 10 seconds, wake up suddenly, cry, run around, sleep again..

do you have any poultry food of any kind? Whatever you feed them has to be crushed finely for the first few days.

you can feed them scrambled eggs and also oatmeal dry (crush it finely). Get some gamebird starter as soon as you possibly can.

anyone near that you could borrow a small amount from?

Leave the lone one in the incubator for awhile, he will be ok for a few hours. Maybe more will hatch.
Take him out later today and give him some kind of food and water.

awesome I hatched over 100 buttons before, 1 thing I learned is too be careful with the water troughs in the incubator, they are so tiny it is easy for one to go under the wire and get stuck in one of the water troughs and drown..I had that happen to one..bless the little peeps soul. The egg yolk should be fine for them, they don't really need food for the first day any way remember this is how hatcheries ship birds for 2-3 days without food or water.

oh and yes try to get 23% gamebird starter on tuesday..put a little sugar in their water..put marbles/stones in the water so they don't drown. Try not to open the incubator until they all hatch or 24 hours after the first hatches, whichever is sooner.

Quote:
DO NOT leave Chinese Blue Breasted quail chicks in the incubator for any length of time ...when they are fluffed out ,get them OUT of the bator and into the brooder with food and water .CBBQ do NOT have a reserve from the yolk sack like some other birds have .They will starve! The food you provide for them should be ground up( in a blender or food processor will do it) as small as cornmeal flour is otherwise they wont be able to eat it or will choke on the pieces . They need a HIGH protein GAME BIRD crumble ( UNMEDICATED).Oatmeal that is ground to a flour consistency with hardboiled egg yolk mashed up in it should do until you can get them proper feed,but don't put off getting the proper food for them any longer than absolutely necessary!
Shallow lids with marbles or pebbles in it for water so they don't drown...

Quote:
DO NOT leave Chinese Blue Breasted quail chicks in the incubator for any length of time ...when they are fluffed out ,get them OUT of the bator and into the brooder with food and water .CBBQ do NOT have a reserve from the yolk sack like some other birds have .They will starve! The food you provide for them should be ground up( in a blender or food processor will do it) as small as cornmeal flour is otherwise they wont be able to eat it or will choke on the pieces . They need a HIGH protein GAME BIRD crumble ( UNMEDICATED).Oatmeal that is ground to a flour consistency with hardboiled egg yolk mashed up in it should do until you can get them proper feed,but don't put off getting the proper food for them any longer than absolutely necessary!
Shallow lids with marbles or pebbles in it for water so they don't drown...

X2

Back
Top Bottom