TINY egg, what causes this?? lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sunshyne276, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Sunshyne276

Sunshyne276 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    I had my chickens free ranging the other day, and let my 3.5 month olds runs around with them..
    (still having to keep them separated, they are bullied to an extreme when cooped with the bigger ones)

Anyway.. They have an annoying habit of waiting to lay their eggs during free range time! lol
    Often, the lay in a stack of hay I have outside the coop.

I went to look for eggs, found a couple, but then I found the cutest little TINY egg! lol

[​IMG]

I don't think this is Henny's egg.. She's only 3.5 months, and I haven't found any eggs in her little "coop".

Could it be one of the older hens? If so, is it normal to find a tiny egg like that from an adult hen?

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Everyone is allowed the occasional bad day. One of your hens just had a mis-fire.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I had one of those tiny eggs too recently. I know one of my older hens (a year and a half) layed it. I think it's just an "oopsie" egg! LOL I have a friend who calls it a "fart egg" hehe

4. Sunshyne276

Sunshyne276 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    Oh, ok! lol So, it's no a sign of disease then? That's great news, thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by