Tiny egg

deldeer

Songster
Oct 24, 2019
Northern MD/ DE
Ok.... What happened here?🤷‍♂️
20201228_172212.jpg
20201228_171450.jpg

Those tiny ones are refereed to as Fart, Eggs, or sometimes Fairy Eggs. Very often they do not have a yolk inside, but some do,,,,, small usually.
My banties lay somewhat larger than your tiny, and the yolk is larger than normal for size of egg.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Eggs are weird sometimes :D

I see an extra-long egg, which might have two yolks.

And a tiny egg, which could be from a tiny chicken (if you have any bantams), or it could be a pullet's first egg (sometimes those are extra-small).

Or it could just be a tiny egg, because that sometimes happens too.
Some people call them "fart eggs" or "fairy eggs."
Sometimes they have a tiny yolk and white inside, other times they just have the white and no yolk.

Here's an article that talks about many kinds of weird-looking eggs:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/
The fart egg is a ways down the page.

Eggs are weird sometimes :D

I see an extra-long egg, which might have two yolks.

And a tiny egg, which could be from a tiny chicken (if you have any bantams), or it could be a pullet's first egg (sometimes those are extra-small).

Or it could just be a tiny egg, because that sometimes happens too.
Some people call them "fart eggs" or "fairy eggs."
Sometimes they have a tiny yolk and white inside, other times they just have the white and no yolk.

Here's an article that talks about many kinds of weird-looking eggs:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/
The fart egg is a ways down the page.
No tiny breeds, Australorp, barred rock, and black stars. No pullets. The long eggs come from my Australorp

What's inside?
Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:

Back
Top Bottom