TINY EGG!!!

Too funny, we had a tiny egg today and it wasn't from our banty as she laid an egg...my kids swear that a wild bird came in and laid the egg...I might believe it if there was a way for a bird to get in but our coop is very secure!

The girls have been laying since late fall. The Banty egg is to the left of the blue egg, the small egg is below the banty egg!

I wanted to show you all this acorn-sized fart egg one of my d'uccles laid yesterday (Friday). The outer ring of eggs is my LF flock (9 hens - 9 eggs for the first time this year), the inner ring is the bantam eggs (6 hens - 4 normal, 1 fart egg). Besides being so tiny, it is also darker than the other d'uccle eggs.

CG

Thanks for the info, to put it simple, it's just plain weird!! lol, you would think they wouldn't even know they laid!!
big_smile.png

My Arecauna has been a great layer, outperforming the other 3 usually. This morning, though, her blue egg was teeny-tiny, and seemed almost empty….no bigger than a marble and weighs next to nothing. But perfectly formed. Crazy!

I found a tiny egg this morning too!! It has to be the size of a seeded grape. My hens are all almost 4 years old. I've never found an egg that tiny, only when they first started laying. So, I was kind of puzzled. Has this happened to anyone with older ladies???

Back
Top Bottom