TINY Mystery Egg!

pop.gif

WOW! Just found and followed this thread for the first time and was so thrilled to learn of Pippin.

I found a tiny fairy egg in a nest today too- it looks exactly like the egg Pippin hatched from. I googled to see if they can ever hatch, and it lead me here.
big_smile.png

Red Catcher- she is such an interesting bird- were you ever able to hatch any of her eggs?

I am off to candle my tiny fairy egg to see if there is a yolk in it. The mother is a very large buff orpington and the dad is an even bigger EE- both big birds- it will be interesting what would hatch from this tiny egg.

If I see a yolk- shall I set it?

Last edited:

Here is a pix of my "Fairie Egg" in the middle of the basket. It's not as small as Pippin's egg, but still pretty tiny. I decided after reading of RedCatcher's success with Pippin I would attempt to hatch it. I candled it ant there was a dark shadow (yolk). Unlike RedCatcher mystery with Pippin- I know who laid this little egg- Mom is an enormous Buff Orpington (who usually lays Jumbo eggs) and Dad is an even bigger bearded EE. I set it tonight with the above menagerie of eggs- I'll keep you posted whether it develops or not.

Aww, how could you NOT try to hatch that cute little egg? Good luck!
Thanks! If it develops - this thread will be the first to know!
fl.gif

The weird thing is, today I got another fairy egg in the nest, this time it was totally smooth- the first one was a chaulky texture, and I don't know who laid this one- but..... since I had only set the others last night- I went ahead and popped it in the bator too. It will only be about 16 hours behind the first one incubation time, and my other hatches have been more than a day and sometimes two apart anyway.

Back
Top Bottom