Tiny specks on the inside on eggshell.

Have you pulled away the membrane to see if the membrane is spotted or if it is only the shell. In this pic, it looks like the membrane is still lining the shell.
Yes, this!
Easiest to peel the membrane back immediately after opening egg.

Also what does the outside of the shell look like in that area?
If you know which eggs are affected, try candling before opening to look for porosity.
Actually could 'candle' just the empty shell.

20200122_083300.jpg

Have you pulled away the membrane to see if the membrane is spotted or if it is only the shell. In this pic, it looks like the membrane is still lining the shell.
Yes, the spots are on the shell, under the membrane. The spots don't stain the membrane or transfer to the yoke or white

Well, I do hope someone out there will have an answer, or hopefully someone else has seen this too. We are eating them, and as I said before, have been since November with no ill effects. It is just worries me a tad.🙄

I have two roosters and three hens. They are caged at night and have the run of the farm during the day. Two of my hens started to lay their first eggs in November. Since then, some of the eggs have small speckles adhered to the inside of the shell. The end opposite of the air sac. The chickens seem well. The eggs are fine otherwise. What is this?View attachment 2008452
Are they brown eggs? If they are it's far more likely it is the brown pigment leaching to the inside of the shell through the pores.

A bit more info, they have a large self feeder filled with purina layer pellets mixed with dried oregano. They have a five gallon water container that is cleaned out daily. I add one tablespoon of vinergar per gallon of water. They have access to that all the time, it is in their chicken house.

Back
Top Bottom