Tiny the Terrorist Attack Hen! Will She Become a Suicide Flogger?

And her idiocy continues. DH was bent over giving food to poor old crippled Amanda when Tiny attacked his hand. Suddenly, she was swarmed by the rest of the hens, Becca standing on her, the others in a circle around her, all thunking the heck out of her. Nobody messes with Dad, NOBODY! Usually, it's one hen or the other who chastises her, but this time, I guess they'd all had enough of her antics today and they all ganged up on her. She'll do it again. She always does. Crazy loon.

She is still alive. Her eyesight is worse. She still attacks my husband. The other hens herd her into a corner and beat on her when she does. She still lays fairly well, her only redeeming quality. She will outlive every chicken on his farm. Lucky us.

I noticed that early photos of Tiny are missing from the first post, probably old photobucket things. Here are a couple to replace them of a young Tiny.
DSCN2678.jpg
DSCN2679.JPG

Well, Tiny is now famous. Shhhhh, don't tell her! Thanks, Lacey @laceynoelle for this awesome article in Backyard Poultry Magazine! I called out to Tiny while in the barn this morning, "Hey, Tiny, you're famous!". My husband grumbles from another pen, "More like infamous.."
:lau That lunatic hen will live to be 20, probably outlive us all.
DSC06980.JPG

Great articles in this edition about Mareks and other things, plus good recipes for eggs and poultry.

Well, Tiny is now famous. Shhhhh, don't tell her! Thanks, Lacey @laceynoelle for this awesome article in Backyard Poultry Magazine! I called out to Tiny while in the barn this morning, "Hey, Tiny, you're famous!". My husband grumbles from another pen, "More like infamous.."
:lau That lunatic hen will live to be 20, probably outlive us all. View attachment 2334728

Great articles in this edition about Mareks and other things, plus good recipes for eggs and poultry.
What a precious little stinker.

The Reign of Terror Has Ended....

Tiny the Terrorist Attack Hen has gone to that Great Roost in the Sky. We are so sad, though she tried our patience at every turn for the past 11 years. If I had not noticed that she was having trouble seeing the feed at 3 days old and intervened, she would have perished before she even got started.
Tiny went broody only once in her life, not a Tiny anyone wants to encounter, trust me on that one. She was very needy at the end, but was so bloated that it encumbered her ability to breathe if she was held. Tiny laid a few eggs this year, always ugly and oddly shaped, but she was a very good layer most of her life. I knew when I left her last night that she would be gone this morning. RIP, my Tiny Girl.

Below in the picture is Tiny in the brooder, much smaller than her hatch-mates. I can hardly believe she is gone. She was such a huge personality for so many years. Tom was so sad as he stroked her back before he buried her. She was so feisty, she was even pecking his hand yesterday, that after she begged him to pick her up and hold her, which was highly unusual. She knew the darkness that was stalking her and so did Emily. Emily will now be living with June and Georgie, as she did in her early years. RIP, my Tiny Girl.
TinyChick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom