Tiny turkey Poult

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
I have a turkey poult that’s growing sooo slow. He’s about a month old and our 2 week old chicks have already outgrown him. His hatch mates quickly outgrew him and started trampling him, same with the chicks. So now he’s in a brooder all by himself. I did have to help him hatch, he pipped himself but made zero progress after almost 48hrs. But after I assisted he hatched out just fine. He’s getting 30% grower/starter. I’ve done electrolytes and vitamins for him. Also Apple cider vinegar. He hasn’t had to have any of that for awhile. After each time of being trampled we really thought he was a goner but he always comes back. Anything else I can do to help him grow? He’s sooo tiny and frail. My son has become very attached to him so I really hope he makes it! Oh and he’s a Bronze (I think) if that helps any.

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 59
I have a turkey poult that’s growing sooo slow. He’s about a month old and our 2 week old chicks have already outgrown him. His hatch mates quickly outgrew him and started trampling him, same with the chicks. So now he’s in a brooder all by himself. I did have to help him hatch, he pipped himself but made zero progress after almost 48hrs. But after I assisted he hatched out just fine. He’s getting 30% grower/starter. I’ve done electrolytes and vitamins for him. Also Apple cider vinegar. He hasn’t had to have any of that for awhile. After each time of being trampled we really thought he was a goner but he always comes back. Anything else I can do to help him grow? He’s sooo tiny and frail. My son has become very attached to him so I really hope he makes it! Oh and he’s a Bronze (I think) if that helps any.
Do not give ACV.

You can try giving vitamin B complex. Make it at the rate of dissolving one half of a tablet in one gallon of water. Make it the only source of water. It should be made fresh daily

Do not give ACV.

You can try giving vitamin B complex. Make it at the rate of dissolving one half of a tablet in one gallon of water. Make it the only source of water. It should be made fresh daily
I did vitamin B complex each time after we found him trampled. He just has regular water now.

His legs and toes look really frail. I'd offer him the best care you can, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it, either.
Honestly I didn’t think he’d make it either. But he’s still alive and spunky. Chases my son around. Eats. Drinks. His teenage feathers are finally starting to come in. But I don’t feel like he’s gotten much bigger 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom