Tinychicky's Art Academy Classroom: Painting

tinychicky

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 24, 2010
New Hampshire, U.S.A
Hi everyone! This is my first time teaching, so bear with me!

This classroom is part of 44wolves' Art Academy, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=520194&p=1

Current students signed up for this class(you need to go to 44wolves art academy page (above) and fill out an application
smile.png
):
Equinehugger3
Quinn4321
NixNoodleNumbat
Bella1210
Animalloverabh
FarmCoe

What is this class about?
I teach painting techniques in watercolor, acrylics and oils, so everyone, get you paints ready! In this class you'll learn about forming textures (real and non-real), painting transparent surfaces like water and glass, and layering your colors to make your painting come alive! We will be doing still lifes, landscapes, seascapes, and animal paintings, as well as small studies to improve our skills!

I also teach drawing realistic animals. In this class you'll learn about stucturing a drawing by looking at the geometric shapes in an animal's profile. After that is solid, I'll do into connecting the shapes to make them flow smoothly, then layering on details like shading and textures like fur or feathers. We'll draw all different animals from all different views and work on studies as well as finished pieces!

How this classroom is run:
While I don't expect everyone to have the same level of skill in painting, I do expect that everyone will at least make an effort
smile.png
. I will grade everyone fairly and according to thier drawing skill: people who've been drawing for years will be critiqued more harshly than a beginner! All I ask is that everyone not complain (too much
tongue.png
) about assignments and don't give up until you've given it a try!

Please, tell me which class(es) you want to join and post a picture of a drawing/painting so I can asses your skill level and treat you accordingly
smile.png

The grading chart according to 44wolves:
•A- 90-100
•B- 80-89
•C- 60-71
•D- 51-59
•F- 50 and below

Welcome to the world of painting and realistic animal drawing, I hope you enjoy my classes!

I'll post your first assigment once I have some more students
smile.png

Last edited:
DARN IT! I would take this class, (and I REALLY want to!) but I'm taking two and signed up for one! SORRY!
sad.png
I may be able to join in later....

Last edited:
oh, sorry but in your description it says realistic animals and that was on the list of art classes . I would do painting, but I dont have any paints and I am really bad at that. Sorry to bother you!

44wolves said i could do both classes!
big_smile.png
okay so equinehugger and...anyone else?

oh, BTW i edited the first post, so please read it, thanks
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom