Tipping a Friend

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
I did this the other day.

Was out with our 4-H group pulling weeds around some trees that were planted near the animal shelter.
well afterwards we all wanted something hot to drink because it had started raining.
When we were walking into the local coffee shop an older gentleman I have known for around 5 years was leaving. He held the door open for all us to go through and one of the leaders joked with him about being a door man. He smiled and jokingly said he would accept any tip we were willing to give him.

Now I couldn't past that up. I threw my arms around him and gave him a great big hug and a kiss on the cheek. He said he would carry that with him all day long.
hugs.gif

I think I embarrassed the girls in our group, but this gentleman is always great to talk to and full of good advice when you need it.

I am always amazed at the great impact of small gestures like that. Not only did it make him feel good-it also made you feel good. I always tell my wife that kind actions release endorphins and extend your life, and that mean, bitter actions reduce your life span. Just my theory. Neat thing to do, and it also indicates that you have a good humor and sense of "self."

thumbsup.gif
hello.
its those friendly gestures we should all do!!! a hug means alot and compliments can really make someones day! Hope you have a great Day!
yippiechickie.gif

I bet that act of kindness helped him sail through his day.

Random acts of kindness have their own reward.

Back
Top Bottom