Tips and help for hatching chicken eggs!

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
1. humity and tempature. This can be quite confusing, what tempature? Can i do a dry incubation? Do i need humity? What humity level? So much!

*Apologies if i get things wrong, this is how it worked for me, how i know it, and what ive been told during research and with friends, feel free to correct any errors*
Tempature for eggs: 99*F is a good temp for the eggs, but it can go up to 102* if you really wanted to (i highly recommend not going any higher as that can damage your chickens and make them hatch later or not at all!) 99*F = 37.2* C // 102* F = 38.8*C /// Apologizes if i got celcius wrong, double check me because im using a translation for it. :) Yes you can do a dry incubation, but i highly recommend using humity. // No you dont need humity, but i recommend it. // What humity level? Id recommend keeping it at 50* F (50* F = 10 * C ?)

2. How long til hatch. When will it pip? how long should it take to hatch? Should i help? Can i instantly move chicks to brooder after hatch?

Usually takes 21 days, sometimes 23 but thats uncommon. It will usually pip at day 19. But it can be sooner, or later. it should take 21 days. And no you should avoid helping, only if seriously needed, and no you should not move them instantly, wait about 24-48 hours before moving them, or until their feathers are sll fluffy. And no you dont give them water or food in that time because they ate the water and food from the yolk.

*ILL EDIT MORE IN LATER, YOU CAN RESPOND WITH QUESTIONS YOUD LIKE UP HERE, AND AWNSERED*

Back
Top Bottom