tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
I've lowered my temp. from the 100 to 99.5. I agree with trying to incubate and hatch in the same incubator and have thought about getting a hatcher. The prices on new have actually dropped some.

Not sure if I'm reading what you are saying correctly. Can you answer the following questions?

What temperature are you going to use for peafowl eggs? What humidity? Will you raise the humidity for the peafowl eggs the last 3 days? If so to what?

Thanks.

I will do the peafowl the same as the turkey eggs:
Incubator at 99.5 humidity in low 20s- no water
Hatcher at day 25 temp at 98.5 and humidity 60s-70. Water in pan with one sponge.

I will do the peafowl the same as the turkey eggs:
Incubator at 99.5 humidity in low 20s- no water
Hatcher at day 25 temp at 98.5 and humidity 60s-70. Water in pan with one sponge.

Is doing it with no water referred to as dry incubation? If you're open to only about 20% humidity, I shouldn't worry about mine being around 40% but think I'll try to get it to at least 50%. Please post how your peafowl eggs hatch goes.

Thought I saw pictures of those sponges. Need to look through my email and find them. Thanks again.

Just put 25 peafowl eggs in the incubator. I expect many of them to not be fertile due to females are being stand-off-ish with the males. Don't think they are breeding good yet. Eggs won't be wasted if not fertile. Friend blows them out, cuts them in two, puts hinges so they open up and decorates the inside and outside of them.

Seriously thinking about getting a hatcher Momhunter. (-:

I am jealous. My peacock has tried to breed one of my hens but she said it wasn't time yet! Haha. Mine didn't start laying until end of May last year, hope they start earlier this year.
I have 3 new peahens, 2 of which are only two years old, the other is 3.
Between my chicken, quail, turkey and peafowl I won't have any problems keeping my incubator and hatcher full.

Mine originally had wafer but we converted them over to electronic. I do think the temperature with the electronic thermostat, the temperature doesn't fluctuate like it did with the wafer. Just my opinion.
how do you go about converting them? My instructions say I have an electronic one with a wafer backup? Wish I had a good instruction manual also.

Quote:
Do you have a picture? We had to very carefully take the door gasket off the top and right side and then very carefully take off the top and right side of the incubator. There were instructions that came with the thermostats on how to install them. I had 2 cabinets so we changed the thermostats in both cabinets. We kept one cabinet and sold the other. This is the one I kept. The other had a solid wood door.

The yellow box in the upper right is the electronic thermostat.

This is with the wafer thermostat before we installed the electronic thermostat.

Back
Top Bottom