tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

I keep my sportsman in the living room and we never have the temperature around 70. Heat rises and we have a loft bedroom so if its 70 in the living room it would be about 75-80 in our bedroom. Our temp in our living room is all over the place. I have been very surprised at how well it works.

I don't know about the newer ones. I have seen them and looked them over and they appear to be a little smaller in size than the older models but I think are supposed to hold the same number of eggs. The one I looked at had a cardboard like hatching tray in the bottom. Not sure how well it would hold up over the years.

I keep my sportsman in the living room and we never have the temperature around 70. Heat rises and we have a loft bedroom so if its 70 in the living room it would be about 75-80 in our bedroom. Our temp in our living room is all over the place. I have been very surprised at how well it works.

I keep my 1202 in the garage right now and we have had some nights in the 30's and days in the 80's I do have a blanket over it. It is full of eggs. I candled the eggs and they are developing. We did a few years ago change the thermostat from a wafer to an electronic thermostat. It works wonderful and it spot on with the temperature and humidity. I had it in an apartment we have but we had company so I moved it out to the garage.

I don't know about the newer ones. I have seen them and looked them over and they appear to be a little smaller in size than the older models but I think are supposed to hold the same number of eggs. The one I looked at had a cardboard like hatching tray in the bottom. Not sure how well it would hold up over the years.
I put 3 layers of paper towels on the inside of the tray. It seems to be some kind of plastic. I'm with you thought I don't think it will hold up too long (the hatching tray). The rest of the unit is doing a super job for me and again I'm very happy with it.

I also noticed with the new incubators is that they did away with the trays that slide onto the racks that hold the trays. The ad says they hold 270 chicken eggs and 324 Pheasant eggs. I don't know if they changed the racks but my racks will hold 324 chicken eggs and 378 Pheasant eggs.

These are some Pheasant eggs I hatched out. Each rack holds 63 eggs.

This was before we added the electronic thermostat. The trays that hold the egg racks slide out.

This was after we changed the wafer thermostat to an electronic thermostat. Each rack for the chicken eggs holds 54 eggs.

I also found a little table to put it on that fits perfectly. It was kind of a pain in the *** when it was sitting on the floor. I'm not a spring chicken any more. I don't use the hatching tray any more either. I have separate hatchers now. I do staggered hatches mostly.

The sportsman dosnt come with those metal trays to hold the egg racks that slides in and out now does it???

You are correct. The new ones don't but the older models like mine did. Mine originally came with a solid wood door but I later ordered the clear door.

Back
Top Bottom