tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Mr. Barred Rock :

No its a couple years old may try to upgrade unit later ? Thanks for the repley.

check with cmom she upgraded the one she has...I'm sure she could tell you how she upgraded the one she has. I would keep it if it works and make changes to it..

Good Luck!!!​

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

another West Virginian!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif

Howdy from Masontown WV!!!!!
frow.gif
frow.gif

I just came on here to find out how to up my humidity on my Sportsman. In the Summer I didn't have any problems, but the winter is so dry here. My last 4 chicks are REALLY sticky.

I think I will just try to make sure that the water pan is always full during the incubation. I usually only fill it when it is dry.

Glad to see this thread, I can always use secrets to improve my hatching stats.
smile.png

I put a thermometer on the shelf in my sportsman and on top of the hatcher tray in the bottom. The temp is always a little warmer in the bottom according to my thermometers.

Mr. Barred Rock :

Quote:
Hello Folks I'm In WV also Inwood WV

Hello!!! I didn't know you were from WV... Nice to see some fellow West Virginians here on this thread!!​

ok guys... I will officially go in lockdown with 28 healthy eggs that I am sure will hatch IF I can get the humidity to rise... WHY I am having sooooo uch trouble with this bator..I was told it was idiot proof..I never thought of myself as an idiot..this time the humidity was 38 to 42% during the incubation process... so i candled lastnight and decided to move the eggs to the hatcher so I could set the bbs ameracaunas and put 2 regular spounges in.. woke up this am & checked and the darn humidity has not raised up 1 darn %. What do I do? I am going to town this am and I will pickup a couple of the humidity pads. will this make more of a difference? I tried putting mason jars inside with more than warm water and spounges sticking out and It does work just for a short period. PLEASE I need to know if anyone else has this problem and how you solve it. how would I adjust the humidity plugs on the side and back? My manual says 1 on side should be open and the other blocked off and the same with the back..this is the way mine is setup. It is extra dry in the house due to the pellet stove running, I do have a pan of water on it..doesn't make much difference..does it even matter since it is all enclosed?

also how do you leave your eggs to hatch? upright in the racks as they were the hole incubation process or lay them down. right now I have them in the turning rack..but I turned off the turner cause I do not know if the bottom rack will hit the eggs when it turns. man I am starting to think I am never going to make sence of this bator. about to go back to my little lg..
hit.gif

ok guys... I will officially go in lockdown with 28 healthy eggs that I am sure will hatch IF I can get the humidity to rise... WHY I am having sooooo uch trouble with this bator..I was told it was idiot proof..I never thought of myself as an idiot..this time the humidity was 38 to 42% during the incubation process... so i candled lastnight and decided to move the eggs to the hatcher so I could set the bbs ameracaunas and put 2 regular spounges in.. woke up this am & checked and the darn humidity has not raised up 1 darn %. What do I do? I am going to town this am and I will pickup a couple of the humidity pads. will this make more of a difference? I tried putting mason jars inside with more than warm water and spounges sticking out and It does work just for a short period. PLEASE I need to know if anyone else has this problem and how you solve it. how would I adjust the humidity plugs on the side and back? My manual says 1 on side should be open and the other blocked off and the same with the back..this is the way mine is setup. It is extra dry in the house due to the pellet stove running, I do have a pan of water on it..doesn't make much difference..does it even matter since it is all enclosed?

also how do you leave your eggs to hatch? upright in the racks as they were the hole incubation process or lay them down. right now I have them in the turning rack..but I turned off the turner cause I do not know if the bottom rack will hit the eggs when it turns. man I am starting to think I am never going to make sence of this bator. about to go back to my little lg..
hit.gif

I have been having issue with getting the humidity up too. I just put more sponges in to give more air to water surfaces. I hatch in egg cartons. It is just what I am used too. I have hatched with them laying on their sides too. If I am hatching shipped eggs, I definitely do in cartons. My air cells always seem wonky.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom