Tips for ⛏️ ng up chickens from craigslist or other such sites

Another possibility is if you have a feed store that sells started pullets, that'll save you the shipping cost. Obviously it's just like buying from any other source - don't buy birds that look unwell, that aren't kept in clean conditions, etc. - but at least they aren't looking to unload cockerels on unsuspecting suckers.

Since it was the same store I got chicks from originally, in a way those pullets and my chicks were initially exposed to some of the same environment. The pullets I got were from the same shipment as the pullets I had at home.

Thank you, you guys are great and it looks like you have saved me a lot of trouble it really looked like a great way to cheaply increase my flock with a minimum of work. Thank you for showing me the danger of taking the easy way out.
...would be using a broody. Next time one of your own hens gets broody, separate her in a nice, cozy and secure space and let her do all the work. Usually they know best and will care for their chicks for an average of 6-10 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom