Tips for incubating peacock eggs?

Doesn't sound like you have been reading the Stickies. I incubate eggs at 45% and hatch at 60%. Incubating at high humidity does not allow the egg to lose the necessary moisture it needs for a successful hatch. If the embryo does not lose moisture the chick will be too large and can not chip out. There can also be excess liquid in the egg and the chick drowns.
The links for incubation in the Stickies no longer work. It has one paragraph about that and states incubating at 50% I’ll reduce it, thanks.

The links for incubation in the Stickies no longer work. It has one paragraph about that and states incubating at 50% I’ll reduce it, thanks.
Hmmm. This is the reason we run trials incubating the eggs after weighing them first and then a couple of times during the process. You are looking for about 15% weight loss during the incubation process at the time they go into the hatcher. Do not rely on weighing just one egg as there are always variables in shell density and porosity.

Maybe I am too picky, but I also make sure I turn my eggs as if they are rolling and never turn them end to end. Even candling, I do my best not to have them upright.
You may be but you do what works for you. You do it that way because that is what works for you. Mine never lay on their sides until they go into the hatcher but that is because of limited space, I can get 198 eggs in the inc if standing, but if I lay them down I can only get 132. When I move them to the hatcher I place them on a hard surface and let the egg roll and settle then place them that way in the hatcher drawer. The light side that rolls to the top is the side the chick will pip through. If there is excess liquid in the egg there is less chance of drowning.

When I move them to the hatcher I place them on a hard surface and let the egg roll and settle then place them that way in the hatcher drawer. The light side that rolls to the top is the side the chick will pip through. If there is excess liquid in the egg there is less chance of drowning.
Thank you for this information. I've only been doing this for a few years so always open to learning how others do things.

I just wanted to go on here one last time and thank you all for responding to me. I reduced the humidity like suggested and boy, am I glad I was still in time to do so. I definitely would’ve killed them incubating at 60% humidity! All 3 adorable peachicks hatched and we couldn’t be happier! 🥳🦚 thanks again.

Yazmin

Attachments

• 7B152E9E-F277-42D6-B159-BF1A86BF5489.jpeg
    7B152E9E-F277-42D6-B159-BF1A86BF5489.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom