Tips for incubating peacock eggs?

Angel07

Songster
Mar 11, 2021
Victoria, Australia
I’ve collected 4 peacock eggs and I know the basics of incubating peacock eggs but does anyone have any tips for me? I want the best chances of hatching as many out as possible. Especially since one of them has a crack in it. I’ve coated the cracks in nail polish so hopefully it’s right.

Thank you in advance.

I’ve collected 4 peacock eggs and I know the basics of incubating peacock eggs but does anyone have any tips for me? I want the best chances of hatching as many out as possible. Especially since one of them has a crack in it. I’ve coated the cracks in nail polish so hopefully it’s right.

Thank you in advance.
What type of incubator do you have?

I'm sure you'll get some great advice. I've done the incubator route but actually had more success slipping peafowl eggs under broody chickens and ducks.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Always find the hardest part is being patient from the time of the first tiny hole in the shell to the peachick finally fully hatched.

I'm sure you'll get some great advice. I've done the incubator route but actually had more success slipping peafowl eggs under broody chickens and ducks.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Always find the hardest part is being patient from the time of the first tiny hole in the shell to the peachick finally fully hatched.
We want as many peachick as possible this year because we lost all the hens and their chicks last year. I grabbed 4 eggs to incubate myself so hopefully that’ll get her to lay more and sit on them. Last night I thought a chook was clucky but haven’t had time to actually check if she is or not. If she is clucky I’ll be putting the eggs under her or taking some eggs off the duck because she’s got about 20 eggs under her. Yes, I will. Yeah, that part is always hard.

Back
Top Bottom