Tips for incubating peacock eggs?

I knew you'd have the best answer...back in the day I just incubated in the bator- - - all the way! :hmm
You are too kind. I am still down with the Rona but I'll get a bit of info out. As I stated above the large breeders mostly use chickens to start the eggs then transfer them to the incubator to finish out, I have not excelled in this yet. I set about 200 eggs per week all season long and I just don't have enough chickens or space for them, but it is a proven way that works best. Actually, if you don't have very many eggs just let the broodies do all the work but be sure to have them isolated as other broodies will injure the chicks if they get out from under mom before she gets off the nest. Fortunately, this is a habit that peahens do not have, peahens are more likely to co-mother chicks.

The basic rule of thumb for incubating pea eggs is 100*F although you can fine-tune this by counting the number of days it takes to pip and hatch. Longer than 26 days to pip and you are too cold, shorter than 26 days and you are too hot. Humidity will vary widely according to your local climate. 45% works best for us here and increasing it to 60% at hatch. You can find the best humidity by weighing the eggs before you set and again at one-week intervals on a gram scale. You need to lose approximately 13 to 15% of the total egg weight by the time they hatch.

There is a lot more to this but I am worn out, sorry.

Just set 12 turkey eggs today
20230322_210333.jpg

Hi everyone! Hope all is well :frowI don’t have much experience raising chickens or incubating. I am currently raising a few chicks and don’t have broody hens yet, hopefully some chicks turn out to be females:fl anyways I am trying to incubate peafowl eggs in a very small incubator, brinsea mini advance.

I noticed the turning is near impossible because of the size! What is the best way to turn manually? Would it be a bad idea to get them into another incubator at this point? We’re on day 9.

Also, I didn't know about weighing the eggs before incubating, is there a guide I can reference to check the air cell? Every how often do you guys weigh the eggs?

I appreciate your help and hope you all have a wonderful day!🫶

Back
Top Bottom