Tips for newbies. Everyone join in! :)

If you need to up the protein in your feed, you can try fermenting it. There's a bunch of different threads about it, with a ton of good advice.
smile.png

Has any one had a problem with little giant incubator and the turner causing temp to go from 100degree to 99.3 degree when between turns and will this hurt my hatch.
I'm noticing the same thing. I used an egg turner for the first time on my last hatch and I couldn't figure out why the temperature kept going down. My feeling was it was the turner because I didn't change anything else.
I'm new to hatching myself, but I don't think it will hurt them if it stays between 99-100 but please verify with someone more experienced :)

I'm noticing the same thing. I used an egg turner for the first time on my last hatch and I couldn't figure out why the temperature kept going down. My feeling was it was the turner because I didn't change anything else.
I'm new to hatching myself, but I don't think it will hurt them if it stays between 99-100 but please verify with someone more experienced :)
I don't think it will hurt them, I've heard of hatches with the temp at 97-98 that hatched on day 23-25, and I personally have had my temp spike to 105 and still have good results, they just hatched on day 18.
Your eggs should be fine. Good luck to you both!
fl.gif

Hi, just read somewhere never help a chick out. I actually had to do this, I had a barnvelder chick stuck in its shell and couldn't break free, the 3 silkies with it was all running around and rolling the shell. Looked very distressed, so after about 5hrs I grabbed for the tweezers. It was a do or die situation for the chick. Warmed some towels and went for it. Piece by piece taking away the shell and membrane. It worked, she's doing really well and I feel it's always worth a shot.

As of late I have16 and more pipping. I need to ask is there SPECIAL food I need to give them? Or can I give the some of my chicken starter feed?

Back
Top Bottom