Tips for taking pics?????

kkowa

Songster
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Wisconson
im planning to enter a photo contest at my next show and I was wondering whats the best way to pose and take pics of my girls???? I want to be able to have them all throughout my yard ect. but I don't know what's the best way to do that along with great clarity with them. any help would be great!
Thank you

Some of the greatest chicken pictures I've taken are taken during the early morning and evening, they have the best natural light. Here are some tips I can offer:

1. Lighting (mentioned above)

2. Avoid your own shadow being in the picture

3. Have a purpose to your picture, are you capturing the rocks or the chicken? The rocks or other objects should be out of the focus. Make the chicken the center of attention.

4. Have a good eye line to your picture, see the ones below, where is your eye guided? Your eye glides across my pictures, that's what makes them great.

5. Avoid blurry movement in your pictures when you can, its hard to if you capture them flying.

6. Choose photogenic subjects. Some chickens are twitchier than others, some will just stare. Go for them!

7. Choose healthy birds that represent your flock at its best, unless you have a different purpose to your pictures like when chickens molt.

8. Have Fun with it, if you enjoy taking pictures, it'll show!

I hope that helps!

With active subjects like chickens It helps to take lots of photos. That is one reason I love digital photography. Play around with zooming the lens in on the chicken if your camera has zoom or play around with cropping photos on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom