Tips needed for treats, please

A friend told me they go nuts over raisins,haven't tried It yet but mine love watermelon,tomatoes and I cut up a pumpkin for them 2 days ago that there still working on.LOL

Everyday I give my girls organic plain yogurt and they LOVE it! It is so good for them too, makes their egg shells nice & hard, coloring nice & bright, and great for their digestion!

Mine go crazy over grapes and raisins! They love lots of other things like BOSS, tomatoes, pasta, rice, melon, tuna, broccoli, plain yoghurt, etc. but mobb me when I have grapes or raisins.

I probably give my girls tooooo many treats. They get treats usually twice a day--a protein treat in the morning (scrambled egg, steamed or raw fish, etc.) and a fruity treat in the afternoon (melons, grapes, peaches, sweet corn, tomatoes). They turned up their beaks at the pomegranate, tho, which totally surprised me.

We had a bag of wild bird food spill in the garage and rather than sweep it up, I called in the chickens to come get it. They ate all of it except for the sunflower seeds. I've tried giving them both the BOSS and regular type sunflower seeds, and they turn up their beaks at those, too.

Their FAVORITE treat, though, is when I'm about to pick up an old board or something in the yard that I KNOW has a million bugs beneath it, and I call the girls over before I lift the board.... I swear, they're like starving people at a buffet when that happens! It's hilarious to watch 'em scramble at the bugs!

Oatmeal is the #1treat for my girls, they just go crazy for it. They also love strawberries, grapes, watermelon, and bananas. Mixing any fruit with the oatmeal is also a good thing.
thumbsup.gif

My chicken's love treats but don't get real excited unless its a grasshopper.I no I say this allot .They go absolutely bonkers over grasshoppers. When winter comes & there's no more grasshoppers their gonna freak out.

Back
Top Bottom