Tips, Tricks or Other Ideas for Convincing Parents to Let Me Get Fish?

I want to have a big farm when i grow up. My favorite horses are clydesdales, so I definitely want some of those. Maybe cattle, they seem fun and hardy. Not sure If I want to maintain both horses and cattle by myself. Oh, and I would want a big pond at my farm to fish in!
same here. Clydesdales are really cool. I also love Percheron's and Friesian's. Lol, a big pond would be a necessity. :) It's so fun to dream and make plans!
gig.gif

same here. Clydesdales are really cool. I also love Percheron's and Friesian's. Lol, a big pond would be a necessity. :) It's so fun to dream and make plans!
gig.gif

I like gyspy vanners too, but they are VERY expensive. Oh, and belgians too lol. Pretty much any draft I love. Best part of making plans and dreaming is there is no limit :)

man, gypsy vanners are expensive...yeah, i love all drafts too :)
ikr, it is so fun :)

An idea I also had a while ago is to convert the loft of the barn to living space, and people could live there in exchange for care for you horses. I got the idea when I read a farm exchanges housing for a certain number of work hours per month. I.E. if its a $1500 a month barn loft apartment, you have to work 150 hours a week, or 5 hrs a day on the farm.

An idea I also had a while ago is to convert the loft of the barn to living space, and people could live there in exchange for care for you horses. I got the idea when I read a farm exchanges housing for a certain number of work hours per month. I.E. if its a $1500 a month barn loft apartment, you have to work 150 hours a week, or 5 hrs a day on the farm.
that's cool idea...it would help take off the work load :)

that's cool idea...it would help take off the work load :)

Yes it would haha. It would be the initial cost of finishing a whole loft, plus plumbing, heating, and electricity, but once you get past that cost you get essentially free labor(not including repairs).

Hi!
I got tickled reading all the animals you have and what a good kid you seem to be. To be an animal lover is a great pastime for anyone. You could let your parents know that it is known that fish "soothe the psychic".....they nurture your soul, helping one to relax fully and stimulate your thought processes. Give that one to your parents.....what parent doesn't want a wonderfully, calm, smart and thoughtful child!!! They would surely go for that! LOL Fish tanks are awesome and not at all hard to take care of if you read up and learn about them. I would think it would be great for you! Good luck! Now, remember, take good care of that tank....all those fish depend on you!
Hugs!

Back
Top Bottom