Tired duckling not eating much!!! HELP!!!

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey yall I got two ducklings that were supposed to be khaki campbells from tractor supply on staurday. They are in a rubber-made tote in my garage with a heat lamp and food and water. They are TEENY TINY and are supposed to be about a week old by now. The ones I got happened to be like the smallest ones there. Their names are Sage and Nutmeg. Nutmeg is feistier and is running around nibbling everything in sight like ducklings do and climbing in the water dish and biting my fingers and picking at random spots on the side of the tub and etc. But Sage is eating less and seems to have less energy. She kinda lays and wants to sleep alot. She will follow Nutmeg around, and she will eat some and drink some, but not as much as I would like. I even soaked some feed in my hand and tried to gently push her beak into it so she could see she needed it and although it works some....she still isn't really eating as much as I think she should be. They are on Purina Flock Raiser and just today I bought Dumor Duck crumbles for them and have been mixing it in. Should I scramble an egg and try to feed her that? Should I bring her in the house for a night? HELP!!

ALSO: I have nutritional yeast and can totally put some in their food if you think I should. And I think I forgot to mention that Sage is smaller than Nutmeg and Nutmeg kinda bosses her around a bit.

I cooked a scrambled egg and tried to give them some, but it was a really weird texture and they didn't eat much but I did sprinkle some nutritional yeast on their food.

Back
Top Bottom