• Violet = Pullet, Dandelion = Cockerel

• Violet = Cockerel, Dandelion = Pullet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
So I've got a couple of 13-week-old Silkies. I have posted pictures and people with far more experience than I have responded with conflicting answers/guesses or the ol' "wait until they crow or lay eggs." I don't blame them! Silkies are tricky, and my littles are hatchery stock, so they aren't giving anything away.

So.... I have ordered DNA testing. I don't wanna wait! For me, it's not a matter of not being able to keep roosters. I am just dying to know. One day, I'll look at them and feel like I know. The next day, in a different light or from a different angle, I will look again and think I was all wrong the day prior.

I will know FOR SURE in a week or so!

In the meantime, I'm stealing a page from @Ginmary and giving anyone who wants to try it the opportunity to test their Silkie sexing skills (trying saying that ten times fast).

Here is Violet:
20190812_190740.jpg

20190812_191412.jpg
20190902_194213.jpg

And here's Dandelion (aka Billy Idol Chicken):
20190812_190816.jpg

20190902_183343.jpg

So I've got a couple of 13-week-old Silkies. I have posted pictures and people with far more experience than I have responded with conflicting answers/guesses or the ol' "wait until they crow or lay eggs." I don't blame them! Silkies are tricky, and my littles are hatchery stock, so they aren't giving anything away.

So.... I have ordered DNA testing. I don't wanna wait! For me, it's not a matter of not being able to keep roosters. I am just dying to know. One day, I'll look at them and feel like I know. The next day, in a different light or from a different angle, I will look again and think I was all wrong the day prior.

I will know FOR SURE in a week or so!

In the meantime, I'm stealing a page from @Ginmary and giving anyone who wants to try it the opportunity to test their Silkie sexing skills (trying saying that ten times fast).

Here is Violet:
View attachment 1901144
View attachment 1901145 View attachment 1901147

And here's Dandelion (aka Billy Idol Chicken):
View attachment 1901148
View attachment 1901149

Where did you get the test from ?

Back
Top Bottom