Tires for nest boxes?

yuckyuck.gif

If you decide not to use tires, try milk crates. Go to the local schools and ask them if they have any old milk crates they can give you or sell you... or... find someone who has some. My grandpa used to use them for his laying hens. Perfect size.

There is a method for using old tires stacked on top of each other to grow potatoes in, many use that method, so I can't believe it would hurt a chicken ti lay in them.

Tires are so bad and toxic that they (public parks) use ground up tires for rubber mulch for ground cover around play ground equipment for children. Tires are so harmfull and deadly, that heaven forbid, they also use old tires for, get this now.........wait for it.........almost there.........any minute now.........."TIRE SWINGS". I can't believe that the U.S. government would allow such a thing for children to be around.
roll.png
lol.png

Yes, you can use them for your chickens. Every real farm has scrap/junk and old tires around, your chickens will be fine.

Yes...you can use them. As long as you know that snakes dearly love to coil up in the rims of old tires as they are cool in the summer and provide a little camo. Seriously, this is so true.

Luckly for them then its to cold to have snakes here.
big_smile.png
I knew this cold climate would come in handy for something.

The only reason we don't take whole tires at my landfill is because they hold water - nothing to do with toxic stuff. If they're cut into pieces, we're happy to take them off your hands.

Back
Top Bottom