Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
I’m on Day 12 today. Started with 23 eggs. 2 were infertile. 21 eggs still in the incubator. On the olive eggs it’s harder to see much but on the ones I can see stuff I can see movement.

I am distracting myself by weeding my garden area. Too many weeds!! Shoulda started this ages ago.
I miss gardening. My gardens are under about 2 feet of snow currently lol. We are doing home renovations while we wait lol.

I’m on Day 12 today. Started with 23 eggs. 2 were infertile. 21 eggs still in the incubator. On the olive eggs it’s harder to see much but on the ones I can see stuff I can see movement.

I am distracting myself by weeding my garden area. Too many weeds!! Shoulda started this ages ago.

Today I distracted myself by prepping my sunroom/brooder, and making repairs on my chicken run. Also volunteering at the stable and playing with my kids. Garden prep is coming soon tho.

I miss gardening. My gardens are under about 2 feet of snow currently lol. We are doing home renovations while we wait lol.

I miss gardening too...but that's because mine is a giant pile of rubble right now. 😭
I have some little plants in cups on my kitchen table waiting to be planted out when it's done though, lol.

I miss snow! (Canadian expat here).
I miss snow too. We had snow for about 5 minutes the other day but nothing else all winter

Snow? What's snow?

Georgians on a "snow" day. lol

1582497349650.png

Can you tag me when you do? I do dry hatch only so I have a lot of experience with it. First hatch I did, I used distilled water and it was a huge fail. Every hatch from that fail has been solely dry nothing else. I went from a 60% hatch rate to 90%. I'm doing duck eggs right now dry hatching, they're doing amazing.
Of course! I have heard some pretty amazing success stories from switching to dry hatching...kinda makes you wonder why anybody does it differently! I'm excited to give it a go and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom