Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Does the air cell look to big on these duck eggs? They have 4 more days til hatch.
IMG_20200227_064854.jpg
IMG_20200227_064721.jpg

Ok, I’m a bit confused. I tought You candle day 18 and transfer to the hatcher on day 19. Thats also what my hatchabatch app says znd as I recall it’s what I did the previous years. But now I started using Ichatch-chickens app and it’s letting me know I need to transfer them to the hatcher today (day 18). :th I’m on holliday. It’s a 40 minute drive home, so I could do it if really necessary but off course would rather not.
Oh, and these eggs have been set 2/16 at noon
Sorry, typo, 2/10... :p

Today would technically be lockdown but doing it tomorrow shouldn't cause any problems for you.

I have two incubators running and after last Saturday's short power outage I am just hope that I have a good hatch. Green egg layers in one incubator and a mix of many breeds in the other. The power was off for about 4 hours and everyone has assured me in the thread I started about it that they should still hatch, just later. My prayers and vigilance for these eggs...

I'm sorry! The further along in development the embryos are the better their chances for hatching! I'm sure they will be ok! Just be prepared that it may delay the hatch slightly from the cold period.

They'll be fine if you wait until you get home.
Ok, so I have found where my confusion is coming from. Here in Belgium we count the day of setting the eggs as day one, so that would mean putting them in lockdown on day 19. If you count the day of setting as day 0, like most do here, you would put them in lockdown on day 18. Just glad I won't have to drive home to get them transferred into the hatcher. Alltough I am very curious about candling them.

edit: I am wondering tough why the apps show different dates for chicken eggs. :)

I have a question regarding egg turners. My Farm Innovator has the cupped turner that keeps the eggs upright. My Hovabator has the flat turner that rolls the eggs on their side. Has anyone done a comparison between the 2 types? What do you have?
I got the flat black turner with the last new HovaBator I bought and despised it. It didn't really turn them, just canted them to the side longways. I sent it back in exchange for an upright. Something like a Roll-X that really does turn the eggs would be fine in my opinion, but otherwise I'm upright all the way.

I got the flat black turner with the last new HovaBator I bought and despised it. It didn't really turn them, just canted them to the side longways. I sent it back in exchange for an upright. Something like a Roll-X that really does turn the eggs would be fine in my opinion, but otherwise I'm upright all the way.
Yes, I didn't notice when I ordered my Hovabator 2370 that the turner was flat. I was skeptical. I tried it last year, but only for a couple of days and then transferred the eggs to the other incubator with the upright turner. So I haven't really risked using it for a full hatch.
Still waffling back and forth, lol :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom