Tn Feed Mills?

stanglover2001

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
I'm having trouble finding ANY mills that I could buy chicken feed from, anyone live close to the knox, blount, roane, or anderson co.? I was buying from TSC and went to a Co-op that I found online same distance but cheaper feed by like 3-4 dollars.... but was hoping to see if a mill had better prices as long as it wasn't more than an hour from home... I hear alot of people buying from their local mills but its not as easy as pulling the phone book out and finding a phone number... any help is appreciated!!!

The Farmers' Co-op in Blount County is higher than the Farmers' Co-op in Loudon County, but I still think it's less than TSC. Are you looking for layer pellets, or for grain? There is a grain mill here in Blount County, ph. # 865-982-3971. They sell in bulk.

I got the information for gsim, but I don't know if he ever used them. He hasn't been on here in a while. I get emails from him though, so I'll ask. I really think you have to buy a lot and I just don't have room to store it.

Quote:
Well I live in Roane Co. and went to the Farmers Co-op here and it wasn't badly priced like I said cheaper than TSC in Oak Ridge and just as far from my house. Well if I have to buy in bulk I don't think its worth it but I'd probably get the pellets, I'm used to buying crumbles... such as waste
somad.gif
and not sure what I'd do with the grain I'm not gonna make my own feed.

I'm in Norris and would love to buy from a mill. I even might know a couple of other people that would split a bulk order. Has anyone else tried this?

The co-op in Loudon sells layer for $9.50 for a 50lb bag and starter (medicated only) for less than a dollar more, I think. Can't remember prices offhand. I buy my feed there. They have 16% layer in pellets OR crumbles, the 16% medicated starter (in 20lb or 50lb bags). Plus a 3 grain scratch that is $7ish. Nothing fancy, but perfect for a treat.

I am in the Raccoon Valley area and just picked up a thousand pounds of different grains that I am going to mix myself. I plan to add Fertrells Nutribalancer as a mineral supplement and some other things like alfalfa meal and aragonite to this mix. I don't think this will be any cheaper than buying layer pellets or crumbles to start off with, but if we can get enough people together, we may be able to get some bulk rates and lower our costs for this. Regardless, after all the research I have done I am convinced it will be much better for the birds so I am going to do it whether anyone else wants it or not. If you are interested let me know.

Keith
865-257-2998

Back
Top Bottom