TN traders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm. This swap is only 3hrs 32min away from me. LOL
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi
smile.png

How did you go about buying them? Are you doing chicks or pullets? I have researched for a good coop plan and the type of hens that seem most ideal for me, but haven't yet learned the best way to purchase. I'd like to 1) save money and 2) buy relatively locally if at all possible, to support the local system.

Kat

You could Post on here to see if anyone close to you has any or check craigslist. I ordered mine from Ideal- You can make small orders thu them as long as you spend $25.

I caught my EE roo 'doin the dirty' yesterday and the other roosters were less than excited about that so, it's time for him to go.He is FREE to a good home HE IS NOT FOR SOUP he needs food, water, shelter, and some ladies! If you can provide that, he's yours! I know he was from a green egg but the dad was a game mix. he was hatched from a broodie so I couldn't do much in the way of getting him 'pet' tame like most of my chickens. but he definitely wont flog you!

the first pics are him (not named so I don't get attached). then his mom, Muffy. And the dad, geraldine (long story!)

many, many more pics on request!
click to enlarge

Hello Tennesseans!!
I am in Chattanooga. We have some beautiful RIR's that are really picking up their laying so if anyone wants to do a swap let me know. We are looking for SLW, Marans and Welsummers.
Thanks

Thought Id post this on here too.

The first and third Saturday of every month between Sweetwater and Madisonville, TN on Highway 68 there is a Poultry Trade Day. All are welcome. There is usually a really good turn out, hopefully the weather will be good. Directions from I-75 Take the TN-68 exit, EXIT 60, toward SWEETWATER/SPRING CITY. Turn onto TN-68 S. Stay on hwy 68 until you past the Lost Sea, The Poultry Trade Day is located about a mile past The Lost Sea on the left, right next to a feed store. Hope to see you there.

No charge for parking. Sellers are charged $3. For all types of poultry and small animals. People are their around daylight and its usually winding down around 9am or shortly after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 babie silkies that i hatched that need a new home they are white and 4 days old if interested please pm me...

Tripp

Anyone want a Polish roo ( The other birds took his tailfeathers but they are growing back) and a white rock hen?? The hen just started laying last week. My first and only chickens came from Mcmurray last spring so they are healthy and havent been exposed to other birds.

14593_000_0129.jpg

14593_100_2278.jpg

I'm interested in finding a new home for my 1 yr old Delaware roo. He is not of heritage quality, but he's a big, nice looking bird. He doesn't like small children. He's pretty good at cornering women who won't stand up to him. He's really good with his ladies (fertility rate has been around 97% with 12 hens).

I'm not looking for a stew pot for him.

PortraitsInPoultry_16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom