TN traders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That is in Obion county. Northwest tn. about 10 miles from Fulton kentucky

What time is this one for. I was planning to go to jackson but if there are going to be closer that is great. I live very mear Union city. I'm hoping to find some EE hatching eggs or chicks.

I was in there today and there was nobody signed up to go and nobody that worked there knew anything about it. Might be a good idea to go to jackson.
But I can hook you up with a young EE rooster if you want it. No charge he is about 6 months old.

I've decided not to go just to get some eggs when I can just buy them here. I have about 2 dozen chicken eggs to start hatching on the 26th, then 17 Quail on the 28th. The next ones won't be until June 6th then some more after that and I just got some in today and should have Turkey eggs tomorrow. I think I will wait until my Bator is about empty before I get the EE eggs. I may just fill it up with them.

I do have a question though. In order to get the eggs colored, do I HAVE to have an EE roo? If I just use EE roos with my entire flock will I get color to the RIR, Wydonette, barred and sexlinks?

I also have a silkie mix in there hoping to get a solid black to mix with a AO later on.

Quote:
Nope only the hen controls the egg color
smile.png
an EE hen will always lay the same color egg, usually blueish-green, but not always. and a RIR or a sex-link will always lay brown
cool.png

Quote:
I wonder if you have male sex links there . . . if I am not mistaken the male black sex link get a pattern similar to a barred rock . . . so it might be you have 6 roosters in those links
hmm.png

When we bought them, Tractor supply said that they were black sexed linked, and we thought we had six roosters too, but we're beginning to wonder since they are all the same age and we have three that are looking like roos, and three that are not. I'll try to get more pictures as they get older. The three obviously roos are larger, and already have wattles and combs starting.

I have some young parlor roller pigeonsfor sale ,they are black,red,redsplash.$15 each. Also have 5 baby ducks,they are a large typecross,some are blue and white,black and white ,one is white. They are several weeks old and growing fast! $3 each. Also belgian Quail Bantam chicks for $2 each,I am located in Portland,Tn.

Quote:
There is a supplier of TRUE BLUE Araucana's in Sweetwater TN. They are on the Craigslist/knoxville section under farm. If it's the same guy I bought from they are a great yield! I had 11 of 14 hatch perfect my first time hatching (RIR's) from B Saffles Farms in Sweetwater. They are on here too. They have EVERYTHING and keep the birds really nice.

Quote:
Nonono. He sells AMERAUCANAS, not Araucanas. They are different things.

To Chickenwisperer -- are you looking for bantam araucanas, or large fowl? I breed the bantams. I don't have any for sale at this very second, but I will eventually. I'm just east of Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom