To all irresponsible dog owners; UPDATE; THE LEGACY CONTINUES!!!!!

I would try to catch the dog and either shoot it in the head,or take it to a vet and pay to euthanise it.Or I suppose take it to a far away pound. I would not tell the neighbor what I did.

This type of neighbor agrees that the animals do damage,but simply can not bring themselves to do what is right. I can relate as I go through that with my own pets.

If they can not pen them in they should atleast rehome them to a location where the dogs will be able to roam. The neighbor did no favors for the dogs by saving them from being put down;she just put it off a little.Somehow these dogs will die or vanish,and she will prbably get some more.

It is a problem and I would take care of it instead of dragging it out.It is like my mom complaining about groundhogs damaging her yard. She has been complaining for years. Last summer I had 2 groundhogs come into my yard. I dispathed both in less than 2 weeks. I took care of my problem. Offered to take care of hers.Mom is still complaining about her groundhogs,lol.

Quote:
You have to be careful on this. Most laws let you shoot them while chasing livestock BUT if you catch them first and THEN shoot them, you can be charged with cruelty to animals. Once you catch them, you have to turn them over to the Dog Warden. Besides, then they get a fine too. Also, no Vet will euthanise a healthy dog that is not yours. By law that is the Dog Wardens duty. Just my experience as a retired Police Officer.

Quote:
You have to be careful on this. Most laws let you shoot them while chasing livestock BUT if you catch them first and THEN shoot them, you can be charged with cruelty to animals. Once you catch them, you have to turn them over to the Dog Warden. Besides, then they get a fine too. Also, no Vet will euthanise a healthy dog that is not yours. By law that is the Dog Wardens duty. Just my experience as a retired Police Officer.

Actually most laws allow you to kill the dog, method is actually unspecified.

Quote:
Yeah, especially when they're offering a reward??!!! Doesn't specify dead or alive....
big_smile.png

Ten days or so ago I saw a dead dog on the main highway a mile or so from our house. It had been badly torn up by whatever hit it. It was a dark color with floppy ears. Didn't dawn on me at the time, but later I realized...it must have been the black lab. Have not seen either dog since. And, it wasn't there long...less than a couple of hours...so my guess is that the owner picked up the remains. Regardless of the fact that I believe our stray dog problem has been solved, the dead dog made me sad. I'm glad we didn't have to shoot them, though....
sad.png

I am so sad. Chloe's eggs have not hatched. We candled them a while ago,
and they were looking good, but nothing is happening and this is day 22.

I guess I should've known better than to hope too much, but I just thought..it
was such a strange thing the way I found them, maybe they would. .
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom