to anyone who has questioned if they should close the coop at night...

Quote:
this is another reason that if you have the extra cash a couple strands of hot wire around the coop is real good insurance it gives you that one extra line of defense...

Quote:
this is another reason that if you have the extra cash a couple strands of hot wire around the coop is real good insurance it gives you that one extra line of defense...

never under estimate mother nature... and the prey drive... dont become complacent cause you have some hot wire

OMG, yes, lock them in. I forgot one, ONE, night, and one of my female gooses was gone the next a.m. My geese, turkeys and chickens sleep together at night, so whatever it was pulled a pretty large goose out of the chicken house with 2 male geese attacking him/her at the same time. I think coyotes watch very very carefully just waiting for you to make a mistake. Sorry. I know you are sad.
sad.png
I

I'm showing this to my DH. He thinks I'm crazy because I plan everything around closing up the critters at night. I will rush home from early events, and hold off going to later ones until I'm sure everyone is safely put to bed.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. We learn from our mistakes and it's always hard when our chicks pay the price. Nature at work. It sure is harsh.
hugs.gif

Quote:
So true! I lost my turkey hen the one night the fence wasn't working. Never saw any evidence of coons before that one night. The next night we got two and there were at least three others with them. So far we have trapped 13.

Back
Top Bottom