To Bubble wrap Or not to Bubble wrap?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MainelySeramas, Jun 8, 2009.

1. MainelySeramas

MainelySeramas Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    I do not Bubble wrap My Hatching eggs, as this may cause suffocation to the embryo. How does everyone else feel about Bubble wrapping Hatching eggs?[​IMG]

2. nivtup

nivtup Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    WE believe in bubble wrap.

We do leave the ends unwrapped. Lots of packing peanuts firmly surrounding eggs, and between layer.

Works for us.

Bubble Wrap - 1
    No Bubble Wrap - 1

3. I believe in bubblewrap also. I wont purchase eggs unless they are individually bubblewrapped.

I have read on here that eggs do not need oxygen until they are starting to be incubated.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  4. ZZsBabiez

ZZsBabiez Songster

Sep 19, 2008
    Central California
    I believe in bubble wrap.

I read that eggs age by dehydration.

5. roche477

roche477 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    I use bubble wrap to ship and won't buy eggs unless the seller packs in bubble wrap.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    B U B B L E W R A P! [​IMG]

Bubble wrap for sure. i'm all about it.

7. I believe in bubblewrap also. I wont purchase eggs unless they are individually bubblewrapped.

Me too!
    It has been proven that bubblewrapping like this (burrito style) does not harm eggs during shipping.
    And as a bonus, it is proven that eggs wrapped that way are not likely to get broken / damaged during shipping.

Save yourself an unpleasant surprise and ASK your seller 'how they wrap and pack eggs for shipping'.

[​IMG]
    Lisa​

8. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    bubble wrap [​IMG] the eggs that i've gotten that had no wrap had a much lower hatch rate by far.

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Bubble wrap! My hatch rates are always poor when the eggs come without bubble wrap!

I always ship with lots of bubble wrap and get great feedback results from my shipped eggs.

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:she is the QUEEN of bubble wrap and i have had excellent results with her eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: