Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Munfordville, KY
That is the question
hu.gif
Day 23, 13 eggs left... nothing, not a pip or so much as a wiggle
sad.png
So should I candle them or leave them be til Wed.? I'm still hearing a tiny knock sound but cant tell which egg (if any) it is. I'm slowly going insane
barnie.gif

i would do nothing and let them sit for another day..... I have had eggs hatch on day 24 when I was about to give up. I do not understand it but it might be because of low temps in the incubator or something like that.

I can never see anything when the eggs are that far along anyway (unless they're dead
sad.png
) The eggs are usually too dark. I did candle a few on day 24, and even opened one. They had all died a few days before hatch day. It was easy to tell that three of them were dead by candling them. If its making you crazy, go for it, but if you can't tell if they're okay or not, leave them be for a few more days.

I remember someone saying that if you drop an egg in warm water it will wiggle, if alive.

If it is, don't leave it in or it will drown!

Mind you, I have not tried this. Just heard of it.

Catherine

I went ahead and candled them... I cant tell, they all still have their air sack, I cant see any movement, its dark, I was going to open one, but I'm too scared... what if its still alive, I'm going to leave them in tonight and see how tomorrow goes.

Don't open them yet if all you see is dark! If they are dead, you will know soon enough. The dark area will get smaller and you'll see space around it, and it should slosh around a bit when you rotate the egg. Its pretty easy to tell when they're dead, so if you're not sure, don't open them!

dianneS Wrote:
Don't open them yet if all you see is dark! If they are dead, you will know soon enough. The dark area will get smaller and you'll see space around it, and it should slosh around a bit when you rotate the egg. Its pretty easy to tell when they're dead, so if you're not sure, don't open them!

I havent opened any... the dark area does not slosh around, so I really hope they are still alive (that gives me hope)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom