to cull or let be? **photos added**

i panniced today as i couldnt find her anywhere in the garden when i went to give her fresh water..i really thought a fox had got her in the night.

went out to feed the other chickens and found her back in the field, not under the hen house but inside, hiding from me!!!!

little booger.........

ive brought her back down to the garden for now and am going to attempt to bath her this evening....wish me luck!

she made that strange sneezy gurgle crackle noise again before, just the once, she hasnt done it for a few days... what could cause that? she has no discharge in her eyes/nose/mouth so dont think a respitory infection/cold. have checked mouth for blockages but the sound comes from 'deeper' in her chest.....?

Last edited:
I don't know much about it, but I believe it's associated with internal laying, and causes an infection. I think it happens when there's a shell-less egg or an egg cracks internally. Apparently bacteria have a field day in the yolk. You'll probably need to get your hands on some antibiotics. I hope someone more helpful can chime in. Best of luck - I hope she gets better!

Back
Top Bottom