To early yet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GlitterKitty, Aug 10, 2010.

1. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    I am wondering the gender's of my 3 week old chicks (=

Emily Rose~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lily~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comet/Princess Yue~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of them ^_^
    [​IMG]

Thanks!!

ETA: I also have a 13 week old Speckled Sussex cockeral that hasn't crowed yet... does that mean anything?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    First one it would depend on the color if it is pure. It has a light colored breast feathers like a pullet, but some color variations the roo also has light colored breast feathers. [​IMG]
    The other two must be silkies and I don't have any personal experience, but many people on here have waited 5+ months to figure out the sex of theirs.
    As for the 13 week SS roo......If you see all the signs of him being a roo then I would not worry about him crowing. If he is still young, some take longer than others to learn how to crow. If he gets chased by a dominate roo then he will learn quickly that crowing is bad when the other roo is around.

3. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Quote:Oh! I forgot to put the breeds in! The first one is a complete mix [​IMG] And the last two are both Silkies. And yeah I have another dominate roo in the oen across from him so maybe he is just scaring him out of crowing [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Emily Rose is a hen for sure! [​IMG]
    Silkies - you'll have to wait awhile before you'll know their gender. I "Had" a Buff Silkie and I didn't know it's gender until 4 months, and even then it was really hard to tell! [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, too early for an accurate guess.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Not So - I sex 14 chicks at 2 weeks was right on everyone! [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Too early for me to guess....(maybe it's just me) but I wanted to say they are so pretty.....I love those feathery legs.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by