To much scratch?

Pics

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
I am currently feeding my bufff Orpington and black astrolorpes about a half a cup of scratch a day along with their layer feed. I have 13 hens total all laying. Is this to much? The weather got cold quick so I was trying to help them keep warm and keep weight on them.

I am currently feeding my bufff Orpington and black astrolorpes about a half a cup of scratch a day along with their layer feed. I have 13 hens total all laying. Is this to much? The weather got cold quick so I was trying to help them keep warm and keep weight on them.
Layer feed is for egg-laying so you can switch that to something else when they stop laying for the winter. The extra calcium is not being expelled from the body through eggshells. This can cause liver problems. I do not know what to switch it into though.

Layer feed is for egg-laying so you can switch that to something else when they stop laying for the winter. The extra calcium is not being expelled from the body through eggshells. This can cause liver problems. I do not know what to switch it into though.
Ok. I wonder if they can go back to grower feed?

Back
Top Bottom