To much scratch?

Do they lay eggs ok on the all flock?
All flock feed does not have a lot of calcium because it is also for roosters. If you put oyster shells or cleaned crushed eggshell in another dish it will provide them with the needed calcium. No matter what your hens will take an egg-laying break during the winter because birds require UVB from the sun to stay nice and healthy. You can buy UVB lights to get them laying in the winter but also overusing UVB can make them overproduce eggs and die from malnutrition or other health problems so be careful.

A little bit of fat is great for the winter. People fatten up calves to survive the winter and seals in the cold fatten up too. The fat is burned into heat when the chicken gets cold and can make them have a more enjoyable winter.
I’m happy to hear that. My birds love that scratch... they get so excited when I bring it. I also give the black oil sunflower seeds.

I’m happy to hear that. My birds love that scratch... they get so excited when I bring it. I also give the black oil sunflower seeds.
Chickens are not cows.
If you don't feed your birds a balanced diet and they get fat you are almost guaranteed to have health issues that will cause them to suffer.

I feed 20% All Flock Pellets to put meat on them as a source of protein. Corn just adds fat.
I do too. All flock is a feed for different poultry of different ages. My birds recently went through their molts so I thought they could use the higher protein since their feathers are primarily made of protein. We have been having nights around 30 here in Florida. I got up in the morning to white frost covering the ground. Luckily not snow here.

I do too. All flock is a feed for different poultry of different ages. My birds recently went through their molts so I thought they could use the higher protein since their feathers are primarily made of protein. We have been having nights around 30 here in Florida. I got up in the morning to white frost covering the ground. Luckily not snow here.
We maybe getting snow. The ground is frozen though.

Back
Top Bottom