To water or Not to water?

I am trying to remember if mine were 6 or 10 weeks old when I stopped giving them water at night. Yours are close to the age where it would be okay.

I think it was eight weeks. Storey's Guide says once they are several weeks old they can go without water for 8 to 10 hours overnight IF they do not have access to feed. No feed without water.

They don't need food and water at night---unless you want to continue the mess. I have raised ducks off and on for a while and I never even give them food and water at the same time, and neither at night. I feed them and let them eat, then when they start trying to choke it down, give them water. Has worked fine for years and severly limits the nastiness.

Hi Ducklover...
I feed my ducks in the morning and make sure they have water through out the day...if they are free-ranging they will find what they need on your property.
As much as you love them ....ducks are always going to make a mess...it's what they do...but like our kids...or DH's...or elderly parents...or us at times...we deal with it...
tongue.png

Feed them in the morning....make sure they have water all day and enjoy them...they're such entertaining creatures!!!
How could we not love em'?
BEST OF LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom