Tobacco slide/sled coop!!! PICTURES!!!

Any idea about the rollaway coop!!! I would like to make it where if my boyfriend was to forget that the chickens couldnt get to them!!! I hope that he wont but still it will be easier if the eggs would roll out and all the way to one side of the coop that way you could just open a little hatch and get all of the eggs out at one time!

pop.gif

lol still looking for any ideas for the rollaway nest??? what if i just cut slits big enough for the eggs to roll out of and then fix a little trough across the back going down hill slightly to one end... but how would i keep them from breaking when they get to the end of the line?

I had thought about building my nest boxes from wood in the rollaway design. Then I got in a hurry to be done and did then the reg way. I think what you mentioned could be done. You would just have to make sure the drop was slight and the fall was cushioned.

yeah thats what im thinking too!! I wish there was a way to keep it from gettin to hot in there in case he forgets to get them up i mean I will be there on thursdays and sundays but the rest of the time who knows... I think he will get them though if its close to the house!! lol

sorry its been a couple of days!!! got my wire but I have done away with the rollaway nest!! think im jus gonna stack two nest nest and fix two small doors to get eggs out!! also do you think it would be nessary to have to get in the run?? i really dont wanna build a door but i am thinking i will have to fix something so that i could get in there!! I want to fix their water out side of the run and a big feeder outside of the run!! I guess I will fix a door out of some of the old wood I have but 4x4s have went up to 6.74 a piece so ima see if we have some laying around!! keep wishing me luck!! I have also decided to make barn quilts maybe if yall like them yall could make some or i could make some for yall!! pictures coming soon!!!

44309_photo0628.jpg

Looking inside the coop!
44309_photo0627.jpg

the roof!!! from the side!!
44309_photo0624.jpg

Door closed!!
44309_photo0622.jpg

The front or back depending on the placement!!

OK so here are some of the pictures!! We have decided that we are going to actually put it on stilts that way we can save some yard space up towards the front of the house!!! its gonna be 4 ft off the ground and its gonna extend out about 4 feet longer than the actually sled!!! ill take pictures as we go but its gonna be really cool!!! gonna be like their own little town home!!

that's pretty cool! i remember growing up in middle tennessee, as a kid one summer i got hooked up with a summer work program where we actually worked some pretty big farms, i picked butter beans and water melons until i didn't think i ever wanted to see one again! part of the farm was old tobacco barns, they were absolutely amazing! I found out toward the end of the deal that the farms were owned by Grandpa Jones, from HEEHAW!!!!
anyway, back to you coop and run. how big will the run be? i'd make some kind of access, you never know when you might need to get in there for something, whether you go in a lot or not, you'll need to be able to get in there somehow sooner or later. I like the idea of egg, food and water access from outside, built my coop for my ease to take care of the girls, and thier comfort and ease of use!

I'm interested, I have a new picture of the spirit, but we must use than the skis, so I can not yall think this is how mentally look smaller...

Back
Top Bottom