Today I lost one of my best friends.

Bessie1994Snider

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Today our dog of 7 years escaped his kennel and was struck by a car. We rushed him to the vet, but his head injuries were too severe. He had to put to sleep at 6:30 pm tonight at the vets. I just wish the person who hit him had stopped. I know he shouldn't have been in the road, but we might have been able to save him if they had.

53743_003.jpg

I am very sorry about your dog. Please don't be too hard on the person who hit your dog and didn't stop. I think if I hit a dog I would keep going as some people can be crazy. You sound very reasonable but some are not. I am very sorry for the loss of your pet. The pic is precious.

Thanks guys the other dogs are nervous right now barking at everything. They know Banjo is gone because we let them see him before we buried him. I haven't hit a domestic animal yet, but if I do I hope I will be able to have the courage to stop. My mom is in Boston right now and is devestated as he was her lil buddy.
sad.png

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose one of your furry friends suddenly like that.
I have had one dog that had been hit and the guy did stop but it was too late, she was already gone. She was an escape artist and would break free and run. I was not home when it happened but the hubby was. People would fly doing a 100 mph on that road just for fun because when they hit our hill it would make them go airborne. I called the cops numerous times to do something about it because my kids almost got hit several times just getting off of the school bus.
When the guy stopped to ask if this was our dog, all my husband said to him was if that was one of our kids, I would be burying you in the back yard and not the dog because he was most likely speeding.

Back
Top Bottom