Today is Day 21, one hatched yesterday.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 1Pammylou, Sep 8, 2013.

1. 1Pammylou

1Pammylou Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2013
    Just a newbie here wondering if I am doing things right. I have one of the styrofoam incubators using as a hatcher right now. I have 3 Silkie Bantam eggs and all three of them had been moving, one chirping and hatched yesterday at 7:30pm. I did see some movement of one of the other ones after this one hatched last night but so far nothing else. So, I have one cutie pie black silkie still in the incubator since last night at 7:30pm and no other eggs hatched yet. Should I leave the chick in the incubator for a while longer to see if any of the others hatch, or should I transfer it to the brooder now? Suggestions would be appreciated.
    Pam

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]

You can move the chick to the brooder so long, just be quick when you open the incubator so you don't lose too much humidity. Good luck with the remainder of the hatch!

3. 1Pammylou

1Pammylou Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2013
    Today is day 23 and one of the 2 eggs that have not hatched is wriggling and has been since last night. What is going on?

4. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    hello had you candled them ?

5. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    don't help them out the egg because it is probably still absorbing yolk, but if it is moving that is a good sign.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by