Today is day 21?????

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
Today is day 21, with my chicken eggs, how many days do I wait? I candled them with a tissue box around a light bulb. It worked good. I SAW BABIES, Anyway HOW MANY DAYS TO I NEED TO WAIT. And how many days before I throw the bads ones out? I know there were bad ones in there but I could not take them out. My first time.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yes the temp was down. The power went out for 9 hours because of a storm I covered them with a blanket but the temp went down to 90. So should I still be turning them. I was told not to turn them after day 18?
wee.gif
produces Thank you
Onew to chickens.

Last edited:
I think you are good. I'm on day 21 as well and on day 18 I reduced the temp to 99/98.8. I thought I would try something different. A member here at byc does this and has a really good hatch rate. Anyways - I've only had 3 pips and the remaining 12 eggs are being quiet. It's tough just sitting there - glad I'm working today. I did run home at lunch time to check and nothing more has happened. I'm sure you will have a pip soon. Can you hear any peeping going on?

Could I hear it with the bator closed? I'm not going to open it. It's just a little crack about 1/4 inch in one spot and the same right above it. OH my goodness my heart is not going to make it. I can't sit still. My DH said to get out of the house. Im driving him crazy. LOL LOL LOL

Don't open the bator - you should be able to hear them peeping with it shut. I whistle then lean towards the bator and listen - they will peep. Yes, get out of the house - this hatching business will drive you mad.

Back
Top Bottom