1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Today is day 4 & the temp in my Eco 20 got up to 101.5F for an hour!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kelly G, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

*sigh* I left my husband in charge after adjusting the temp UP as it was a bit low. It jumped to 101.5 while he watched frickin' Star Trek and drank wine. I'm soooo mad.

I was gone for about an hour and a half - is it all a loss, now???

I had JUST candled the eggs toay and could see all kinds of veins developing in a TON of the eggs. *sigh*

SO MAD!!!

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Na.. you should be ok.. Just get that temp back down to 99.5.. Use the glass thermometer in your bator to verify your temps.. for my test that I am reporting on another thread, I have 3 thermometers in my Octagon 20, 2 from the same manufacture.. all 3 show different readings..lol

3. Kelly G

I so hope so.......I'm going to be so disappointed.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

shouldn't be a problem. If it had gotten a few degrees higher for longer, then yeah, but not 2 degrees for an hour. Should be fine. [​IMG]

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    That won't hurt you at all.[​IMG]

6. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    You do not have to worry unless you get it over 103 degrees for several hours. I have hatched many batched of chicks at 101 and even a batch or two at 102 becuase the incubator was not cooperating with me. Just makes the chicks cook a little faster at higher temperatures.

7. Kelly G

Thanks, guys! I'm losing my mind, here!

....fortunately my husband has had enough wine to not know that I was annoyed with him! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by