1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Today is hatch day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by derricknapril, Oct 16, 2009.

1. derricknapril

derricknapril Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2009
    Oxford, GA
    I have 11 silkies in the bator. Today is hatch day # 21. There has been no piping whatsoever all day. I have noticed that some of the eggs have moved a little. Do the eggs move own there own? This is my first hatch, should I be worried? Thanks for the support.

2. allquackedup

allquackedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Patience , eggs will move when lil ones start to pip and such. checking every minute does not speed time. I've tried that. LOL lots of luck they are coming in due time:weee

3. derricknapril

Sep 18, 2009
    Oxford, GA
    Thanks Yea I just guess I am worrying as being this is my first hatch. I candled before lockdown and there was still movement so I know they were doing good when they went into lockdown. How many days over should I wait to know for sure if they are just late bloomers? Thanks

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    No advise as I'm on my first hatch too. But good luck!

5. allquackedup

allquackedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    We are no xperts only having two hatches so far but can relate to your worries. We looked it all up with ours because we had some that just did not hatch. We gave them an extra three days. Found out later that only one had developed out of the seven left overs. We had nine hatch and are all stiil fine. Good luck .
    Quote:

6. cbader

cbader Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2009
    We are on day 20 and no pips. I am feeling very anxious, and trying to stay away from our bator. This is our first hatch too. Hope all goes well!

7. derricknapril

Sep 18, 2009
    Oxford, GA
    Thanks yea I know how you feel. This first hatch thing is nerve racking, lol. Hope all goes well with yours too, keep me posted on how it turns out.

8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Moving is good! The chicks are still alive. Good luck [​IMG]

9. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Oh I know how you feel! I'm on day 21 with mine and no pips yet. But I've heard of hatches taking an extra few days, up to like, 23 or 24 days! Gawd it's hard to wait though isn't it?

10. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    How are your eggs doing today? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by