Today is hatch day 21

derricknapril

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Oxford, GA
I have 11 silkies in the bator. Today is hatch day # 21. There has been no piping whatsoever all day. I have noticed that some of the eggs have moved a little. Do the eggs move own there own? This is my first hatch, should I be worried? Thanks for the support.

Thanks Yea I just guess I am worrying as being this is my first hatch. I candled before lockdown and there was still movement so I know they were doing good when they went into lockdown. How many days over should I wait to know for sure if they are just late bloomers? Thanks

We are no xperts only having two hatches so far but can relate to your worries. We looked it all up with ours because we had some that just did not hatch. We gave them an extra three days. Found out later that only one had developed out of the seven left overs. We had nine hatch and are all stiil fine. Good luck .
Quote:

We are on day 20 and no pips. I am feeling very anxious, and trying to stay away from our bator. This is our first hatch too. Hope all goes well!

Thanks yea I know how you feel. This first hatch thing is nerve racking, lol. Hope all goes well with yours too, keep me posted on how it turns out.

Moving is good! The chicks are still alive. Good luck
smile.png

Oh I know how you feel! I'm on day 21 with mine and no pips yet. But I've heard of hatches taking an extra few days, up to like, 23 or 24 days! Gawd it's hard to wait though isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom