Today is hatching day but nothing yet

They are making me nervous! I know they can take up to 2 days after hatch date but this waiting thing sucks! It's been a day after hatch date and still no pips. They are still wiggling here and there but that's it :(

I have my first broody on the nest out in the coop. Hatching is due anytime. Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time in the coop just listening. My husband came out and said, "Um, honey? Where's dinner?" I told him it was in the phone book!

Lmbo that's great! Yeah I've been sitting here most of the morning just watching in the little window of the incubator. I need to just walk away lol

They are making me nervous! I know they can take up to 2 days after hatch date but this waiting thing sucks! It's been a day after hatch date and still no pips. They are still wiggling here and there but that's it
sad.png
If you can still see the eggs wiggling around, then it sounds like they are still positioning for pipping. Once they position, the eggs generally get very still. Good news is, if they are moving then they are still alive and working on getting out!

I have my first broody on the nest out in the coop. Hatching is due anytime. Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time in the coop just listening. My husband came out and said, "Um, honey? Where's dinner?" I told him it was in the phone book!
gig.gif
lau.gif
I love it!!
yuckyuck.gif

If you can still see the eggs wiggling around, then it sounds like they are still positioning for pipping.  Once they position, the eggs generally get very still.  Good news is, if they are moving then they are still alive and working on getting out!

:gig :lau  I love it!! :yuckyuck

Ok thank you. They haven't been moving much today so maybe they are about to get going on their pip

Sometimes they just like to take their time. Little things like varying temperature, or lower temperature, during incubation can also slow down their development a little, causing them to hatch a little later. I wouldn't be too worried since you are still seeing them wiggle.

Were these shipped eggs by any chance? I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but all my shipped duck eggs have been a couple days late hatching.

Back
Top Bottom