Today, my chickens earned the 'Stupid Chicken" award

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
My husband was finally able to move the coop so we can add the run. I figured since it was just moved about 20 feet they would go inside to go t bed like usual. But nooooooooo. Not my chickens.
barnie.gif
We spend an hour trying to find 3 of them. One was completely away from the rest. Two where in a tree and the rest has roosted on things near where their coop was. All they had to to was turn their heads to the right and there it was. Door open and all. The last two we found where the ones in a tree but one was on a fence that had it hidden in the v of the tree. They are black too. It took 2 of us, my car headlights, one of those powerful flash lights and another flashlight to find them.

Tomorrow, the run goes up and no more loose chickens. I prefer to know they're safe from roaming dogs. A neighbor has a dog in heat and the male dogs are plentiful right now. So far, thank goodness their more interested in that female than my chickens.

Quote:
I would keep tem locked for few days before I turn them loos again, because yes chickens are not smart by nature

Quote:
So true! They are most definitely creatures of habit and once those habits are formed, it's hard to get them to change their ways. lol! It can be done though. You will just have to retrain them, that's all.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom