Today or Tomorrow????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BerrytangleFarm, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BerrytangleFarm

BerrytangleFarm British and Scandinavian Poultry

The new batch of....

[​IMG]

should hatch today or tomorrow, so I relocated the.....

[​IMG]

and set up the new...

[​IMG]

Tell me I didn't jinx our chances......[​IMG]

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    No jinx, just a nice setup for when they are born. You may have a light that is a bit to strong for them. Either lift it higher or switch to a lower wattage. Check all temps before little ones are added. If they were going to hatch they still will. [​IMG] Good hatching vibes being sent. Gloria Jean

3. BerrytangleFarm

Actually, that light did great for our NYD Sizzle. It's 100 watt, I think, just enough to raise the temp 15-20 degrees. That's why we have the brooder inside for now until they can graduate to the garage.

Nothing.....absolutely NOTHING going on in there......come on, eggs.......PIP, ALREADY!!

4. tnfarmeggs

tnfarmeggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    we use a heat lamp like that too, but we have a lamp dimmer that we can lower it if needed.

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Sorry it looked like a 250 watt.::[​IMG] Where did you find the red 100 watt one. I like it. [​IMG] Gloria Jean

6. BerrytangleFarm

Don't know, exactly. I think my husband found it at a local hardware store. I don't believe it's an actual "heat" bulb, because he went out for a "real" heat bulb for the coop outside instead of using this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by