Today (PIC HEAVY!!!)

DuckLover179

Waddles & Puddles
9 Years
Nov 28, 2010
California
YAY it warmed up! That mean a trip outside for the ducklings! These pics include some of the ducklings, and some of their enclosure!

Wantingtoswimagain.jpg

sideveiw.jpg

Roof.jpg

pool.jpg

LookingatMommaDuck.jpg

frontveiw3.jpg

Frontveiw.jpg

ducklingswantingtoswimsobad.jpg

ducklingsstandingaround.jpg

ducklingsoutofthepool.jpg

ducklingsdryingoff.jpg

doghouse.jpg

Told you it was pic heavy!
big_smile.png
They LOVED it outside today, hopefully we will be able to do this tomorrow, too!
smile.png

They got it made. Just one thing though be real careful with ducks that are not feathered they can get in the kiddie pools but cant get out and can drown overnight. Just afriendly heads up
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks for the warning! That's the reason why they don't full time live outside yet, they just go for visits for a bout 2 hours everyday, and I sit with them the whole time. I also need to make a ramp for the pool, because they can't get in it (I'm constantly having to put them in, and take them out), and they also can't get out. I was wondering, what type of ramps do you use? I was thinking about putting soft stones on the inside, for them to step on like stairs, but I'm not sure about the outside??
hmm.png

I use flat bricks on the outside but on those size pools even my smaller species can hop in ( i probably dont need em but it makes ME feel better. But when I see them trying to get out they struggle every once in a while but I dont worry cause they can fly out if push comes to shove. I dont put any on the inside so they dont get hurt diving around. But I mainly have wild type ducks.

Quote:
As of yesterday they are 3 weeks old. You can start your ventures outdoors when they are 2 weeks, but our weather hasn't been great, so they only go out if it is nice and warm out! Do you have pics of these said ducklings?
wink.png

Quote:
As of yesterday they are 3 weeks old. You can start your ventures outdoors when they are 2 weeks, but our weather hasn't been great, so they only go out if it is nice and warm out! Do you have pics of these said ducklings?
wink.png

Here they are...two Welsh Harlequins arrived today
ya.gif

45693_img_0187.jpg

ADORABLE!!!
love.gif
Did you get them from Metzer's???
You better watch them this week, and make sure no ther bigger identical ducklings come and eat them, cause that's what happened to mine, and now I have 2 gigantic canibal ducklings!
lau.gif
No, but seriously it will seem that way!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom